Magellan GPS Update
For the smooth and accurate working of the Magellan GPS devices, you have to install the updates every time they are available. For installing the Magellan GPS update, follow the process given below.
- To initiate the Magellan GPS Update process, you have to connect your GPS device with the charger. This is required for an uninterrupted power supply during the process.
- Then, move to the official website of Magellan in order to download the Content Manager application. After the successful completion of the download process, you have to install the application on your system. For this, follow the instructions displaying on your screen.
- After that, you have to connect your Magellan GPS device to your system. For establishing the connection, you have to use the USB cable. Take the cable and connect its one end to the system and another to the GPS device.
- Next, you have to turn your device on. For this, press its power button.
- Further, Magellan asks you to open the Content Manager application by clicking its icon either from the desktop or the system tray.
- In the next window, you have to provide the registered login credentials to reach your account successfully. You must carefully enter the email address and password that are linked with Magellan. On the other hand, if you want to create a new account, then click the “Create Magellan Account” option and provide all the required details in their respective fields.
- To proceed further with the Magellan GPS Update process, you have to click the “Check for updates” option.
- By doing so, Magellan will start looking for the updates available on your device. After the completion of the search process, a dialog box will display on your screen displaying all the available updates. Both software and maps updates will appear on your screen. These updates can be either free or paid.
- Free Updates
To install the free updates on your sat nav device, you have to:
- Tap the “Update” option.
- This will start the download and installation process of the Magellan GPS update.
- Then, wait for the successful installation of the update on your sat nav device.
- Paid Update
Following is the process for installing the paid Magellan GPS update.
- Tap the “Update” option.
- This will lead you to the Magellan purchasing window.
- After that, select the preferred “Product Family” for your GPS device.
- Once you are done making the preferred selection, choose the product model for which you want to purchase the update.
- Further, you have to click the “Submit” option.
- Now, the list of all the updates that are available for your device will display on your screen.
- Thereafter, you have to log in to your Magellan account by providing the associated login credentials.
- Next, you have to choose the update to purchase and install on your device. In order to do so, you have to click the “Add to Cart” option.
- Afterwards, choose the desired payment method and provide all the details that will help you to complete the payment process.
- The next step is to find the Magellan application icon and right-click it.
- By doing so, a list of various options will display on your screen. You have to choose the “Sync Purchase Features/ Content” option to proceed further with the update installation process.
- Now, the process of installing the Magellan GPS update will initiate. You have to wait for the successful completion of the Magellan update installation process.
- Once the update is successfully installed, you can disconnect your GPS device. For this, remove the USB cable from the system and sat nav device.
- This will automatically restart your Magellan GPS device. By doing so, the Magellan GPS update will get successfully installed on your device.