Magellan is one of the leading consumer electronics companies that provide worldwide users with several portable GPS navigation devices. Today, it is counted as the industry leader and innovator. Magellan is the manufacturer of the award-winning Magellan RoadMate and Maestro series of portable car navigation devices. It is also famous for its Magellan Triton and eXplorist outdoor handheld navigation products. There are many other innovative devices offered by Magellan.
Magellan RoadMate 1200 GPS is one of the most brilliant and useful products offered by Magellan. It helps the users reach their destinations in a hassle-free manner. It comes with various helpful features like free voice instructions that enable the drivers to concentrate on driving as they don’t have to look at the device screen to see instructions.
All the users are advised to update their Magellan RoadMate to get access to the latest features and map routes. The device can be updated with the help of a few simple steps. Therefore, we have given a step-by-step procedure to update the Magellan 1200 GPS for all the users.
Features and benefits of Magellan RoadMate 1200 GPS
Magellan RoadMate provides users with several unique and useful features. A few of the best features of the device are mentioned below:-
- It enables the users to select up to twenty routes and destinations in a simple order.
- It is a slim, compact, and robust GPS navigator.
- The Magellan RoadMate comes with 1.3 million pre-installed POIs.
- The users can choose between 2D or 3D map views.
Steps to update Magellan RoadMate 1200 GPS
Magellan RoadMate is one of the best GPS navigation devices for car drivers. It is mandatory to update the device to get the most out of it. All the users are recommended to carefully follow the steps given below for Magellan RoadMate Update:-
- First of all, open the web browser.
- Now visit the official website of the Magellan GPS.
- Here, the users are required to tap on the “Support” option.
- Now, select the “Manuals and Software Updates” option.
- After this, the users are suggested to choose and select their GPS device from the drop-down menu.
- Now, in the “My Magellan Is” heading, the users are required to select the Magellan RoadMate series.
- After this, select the model “Magellan 1200 GPS- the US” and click on the “Submit” option.
- Then, the users will be required to choose the section they want to update between the software and Maps.
- Now, the users who want to update the software should click the link given under the “Updates” and then select the “I want to download this update” tab.
- After this, the users are required to login into their Magellan Account.
- Then, click on the “Download Now” option and wait until it gets updated.
- Once the download gets updated, the users are suggested to open the update record of the Magellan RoadMate and double tap on the “Next” button.
- After this, turn “On” the GPS device.
- Now, tap on the “Proceed” option located in the Windows Signature box.
- After this, click on the “Next” section.
- Now, the RoadMate GPS will begin to update.
- Once the update gets completed, click on the “Completion” button.
- Now, the users are suggested to restart their GPS device.
By following all the steps mentioned above, the users can easily update their Magellan RoadMate 1200 GPS in a hassle-free manner. Moreover, if the users find any difficulty related to the device update, they can contact the Magellan experts.